Are you looking for an authentic chicken karahi recipe? Then you are in the correct place here. You will assimilate how to make a chicken karahi recipe with this facile method. Chicken karahi is a famous dish of Pakistan derives from the khyber Pakhtunkhwa region of Pakistan. It is the most popular dish of Pakistani cuisine.
There are many types of chicken karahi recipes. Every chicken karahi has its unique taste because of different methods of making. The traditional chicken karahi recipe does not contain onions. The main ingredients are fresh red tomatoes, garlic ginger, green chili accustomed. The chicken karahi cook in a karahi (pot) comparable to a wok. It is a thick masala gravy made with tangy tomatoes and different spices. It is served with roti and rice but goes exceptionally well with tandoori naan. A rich tomato-based gravy garnish with green chili, coriander leaf, and ginger. It compiles on every special occasion. The enticing spicy aroma of chicken Karahi is an outstanding choice for your main course. That’s why it’s so special.
How To Make Chicken Karahi Recipe
- ½ kg Chicken
- 5 Tomatoes (Medium-Size)
- 2 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp Red Chili Flakes
- 2 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Roasted Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Dry Fenugreek Leaves
- 1 pinch Garam Masala
- 1 pinch Turmeric Powder
- Salt to Taste
- 4-5 Green Chilies (For Garnish)
- 2 tbsp Julienne Cut Raw Ginger (For Garnish)
- 1 handful Coriander Leaves (For Garnish)
- In a karahi (wok), add half a cup of oil add two tablespoons of ginger garlic paste, and add washed chicken and fry well for two to three minutes on low to medium flame until its color changes.
- Now add five chopped tomatoes, one tablespoon red chili flakes, two tablespoon coriander powder, one pinch of turmeric powder, one teaspoon black pepper powder, one teaspoon roasted cumin seed powder, one teaspoon of dried fenugreek leaves, one pinch of garam masala, and salt to taste and cook for 15 minutes on low heat flame.
- After 15 minutes, dry up the water from the gravy on high flame until the oil separates.
- For garnish slit, lengthwise fresh green chilies, julienned fresh ginger, coriander leaves, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on low to medium flame until all the flavors mix well.
- Your chicken karahi is ready! You can enjoy this delicious yummy chicken karahi with roti, rice, or tandoori naan as per your choice.
2) Boneless chicken can also be used.
3) Use fresh ground black pepper.
4) Use fresh ginger.
5) Use fresh green chili.
6) You can use tomato puree.
7) You can select mutton or beef as per your choice.