Are you looking for an authentic chicken korma recipe that is often present at weddings? Then you’ve come to the right place. You will learn here how to make a chicken korma recipe in simple steps.
The chicken korma recipe is a traditional dish of Pakistani cuisine, just like chicken karahi. It consists of meat, fried onions, yogurt, and other spices. It is a thick masala gravy with the intense aroma of garam masala and, the richness of yogurt makes it more appealing.
There are several variations in the chicken korma recipe. Some like to add cream others like to add nuts to make the gravy thicker. These ingredients build a more creamy texture and, both the method have a great taste.
Chicken korma is a perfect main course idea that is easy and quick to cook. It can be served with zeera (jeera) rice or tandoori roti as you prefer. It is a popular dish across the world, specially made for a family function or wedding occasion. It is more delightful with sheermal and taftan. You can pair it also with Russian salad.
How To Make Chicken Korma Recipe
- 500 grams chicken
- 3 onions (medium-size)
- 1 cup yogurt
- ⅓ tbsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- ⅓ tbsp garam masala powder
- ½ tbsp cumin powder
- 1 pinch turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp kewra water
- salt to taste
- Heat one cup of ghee/oil in a pan, add three medium-size thinly sliced onions deep fry on low to medium heat flame until golden brown. Take out and spread the fried onion on tissue paper, and set this aside so that they become dry and crispy.
- In the same pan, add two tablespoons of ginger garlic paste and saute nicely.
- Now add the chicken and cook for two to four minutes on medium flame until its color changes.
- Add one-third tablespoon red chili powder, two tablespoons coriander powder, half teaspoon black pepper powder, one-third tablespoon garam masala, half tablespoon cumin powder, one pinch of turmeric powder, and salt to taste. Saute all spices for one minute.
- Add one cup of yogurt mixed well, let it cook for 10 to 15 minutes on low heat flame.
- Add water if required, add crushed fried onions by hand, add two tablespoons of kewra water mixed well and let it cook for 5 minutes on a low heat flame until oil separates.
- Garnish with ginger and serve hot!
2. You can add saffron for flavor.
3. You can add the whole spices for a more strong aroma.
4. You can take mutton or beef as per your choice.
5. You can add almond and cashew for a luxury finishing look.
6. You can add up to two tablespoons of milk to reduce the spiciness.