Are you a BBQ lover and looking for an authentic chicken tikka recipe that tastes like a restaurant? Then you are at the right point. You will discover here how to make the chicken tikka recipe at home easily.
Chicken Tikka is a famous South Asian cuisine all around the world. It is a well-liked and most appealing dish for everyone because of its flavor. Also, tourists/travelers enjoy this cuisine very much. It is available at any restaurant. You can effortlessly prepare it at home, either you are a newbie or an expert home chef.
There are so many innovations in the chicken tikka recipe that have popped up. Some people like boneless chicken, and others prefer the spice mix. You can even bake or bbq as you like. All have the same taste.
This chicken tikka recipe has a restaurant-style flavor. It’s a fantastic meal that helps you on your weight loss journey. It is full of protein and has no carbs. You can enjoy tangy, spicy, and flavorful chicken tikka without feeling guilty. Chicken tikka consists of chicken pieces marinated in rich yogurt and flavorful spices. The marinated chicken is refrigerated for 3 to 5 hours so that it absorbs the flavors nicely. This aromatic chicken cooks on a charcoal grill. It serves with paratha or puri, salad, and chutney
How To Make Chicken Tikka Recipe
- 8 chicken leg quarter
- ½ tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 packet spice mix (chicken tikka masala)
- 3 tbsp yogurt
- 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp gram flour
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 pieces of charcoal
- First, wash the chicken and make deep cuts.
- In a bowl, add one and a half tablespoons of ginger garlic paste, three tablespoons of thick yogurt, twolemon juices, two tablespoons of gram flour, two tablespoons of cornflour, onepacket of chicken tikka(masala) spice mix, and mix it well.
- Add chicken tikka pieces, mix well and keepthis in the refrigerator for three to five hours or overnight.
- In a pot, put chicken tikka and let it cookfor 10 to 15 minutes on low to medium heat, then burn excess water on a highflame.
- Place the tikka in a wide pot and put a pieceof aluminum foil in the center. Heat charcoal pieces on high heat for two tofour minutes or until red.
- Transfer charcoal to the foil with the help oftongs and drizzle oil over the charcoal, then close the lid tightly for 10 minutes.
- Place a small grill on the stove.
- Grease the tikka with olive oil and grill iton both sides on a low heat flame until slightly crispy. Your chicken tikka is ready!
- Use nonstick pots.
- Do not overcook chicken tikka.
- You can use excess masala while grilling the tikka.
- You can use vinegar instead of lemon.