Are you looking for an authentic and perfectly luscious Kaju Katli (Barfi) recipe that tastes just like halwai style? Then you are in the right place here; we will tell you how to make Kaju Katli (Barfi) at home in a few simple and easy steps.
Sweet Kaju Katli Barfi is a popular traditional Indian dessert full of lusciousness and richness. It is everyone’s favorite and the smashing edible for any special occasion or festival. The delectability of this sweet is due to sugar syrup and cashew powder, which make it so yummy. It has a smooth texture plus a nutty flavor that instantly melts in the mouth and leaves a pleasing taste.
There are so many unique variations and methods for this recipe. Some like soft textures and others prefer hard. You can make it anyway by handling the sugar syrup consistency.
The sweet is not only delicious but also wholesome. You can relish this without any guilt. The mouthwatering blend of cashews is protein-rich, which is beneficial for health. It has a silver leaf on top that stops bacteria from growing. You can serve this sweet to your guests on any occasion, or you can gift this to your loved ones.
Kaju Katli (Barfi) Recipe in Video
How To Make Kaju Katli (Barfi) Recipe
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup water
- 2 cup raw cashew
- 1 tsp ghee
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- silver leaf/vark
- Take two cups of unroasted and unsalted cashews. Blend it to a fine powder. Strainit to make sure there are no lumps left and keep aside.
- In a large pot, put half a cup of water and one cup of white sugar. Stir nicelyfor five minutes on medium heat or until one string's thickness reaches.
- Addcashew powder gradually to the syrup to evade clumps. Stir continuously on lowflame till it is well mixed and smooth in appearance.
- Nowadd one teaspoon of ghee and a quarter teaspoon of cardamom powder. Stir themixture continually on low to medium heat until it thickens and becomesseparated from the pot.
- Greasethe buttered parchment with ghee and move the mixture into it.
- Using a spoon, mix it continuously until the mixture comes in a smooth and dry form.Let it cool down a little.
- Knead the dough when it is slightly hot to make it soft and smooth. Make a big ball.
- Placeone more butter paper on top of the dough. Roll it gently using a rolling pin.Make sure it's slightly thick and uniform.
- Nowremove the butter paper from the top, grease with butter, add silver vark, andcut into a diamond shape.
- Yourhealthy and moreish sweet treat is ready.
- Do not over-blend the cashews because it will release oil and turn into a paste.
- Do not cook the mixture for too long because it will turn firm.
- If the dough is not smooth or dry, it means it needs more cooking.
- If the dough is dry or hard, add warm water and knead it well.
- If the dough is gooey, add the required amount of dried milk powder.
- You can also use butter or oil rather than ghee.
- You can add rose water.
- You can add Kesar instead of cinnamon.