Do you want to make a perfectly delicious sheer khurma recipe for your eid festivals? Then you are in the right place here. You will learn how to make sheer khurma recipe in the Pakistani style with these easy steps.
The popular sheer khurma recipe is a Persian dessert sheer means milk and khurma means dates in the Persian language. It is usually made on the Eid ul Fitr has eaten after Eid prayer (namaz) in Pakistan, India, Afghanistan, and other Asian countries. It is a traditional dessert specially made on Muslim eid festivals. It’s a deliciously light dessert for celebration without sheer khurma eid is incomplete.
Sheer khurma is a nutrient-rich delight. The essential ingredient of sheer khurma is milk. It is a good source of calcium. Milk is loaded with many dry fruits and flavored with green cardamom that brings out a pleasing aroma and packed with vitamins and proteins that are immensely healthy. Added fried vermicelli make a protein-rich food high in calories but low in sodium and fat. Sheer khurma is a healthy and delicious dessert. It serves cold or warm as per you like.
How To Prepare Sheer Khurma Recipe
- 1 liter Fresh Whole Milk
- ½ cup Sugar
- ¾ cup Broken Vermicelli
- 7 Dry Dates (Chopped)
- 10-12 Almonds (Chopped)
- 20-30 Raisins
- 4 inch Piece Dried Coconut (Chopped)
- ¼ tsp Green Cardamom Powder
- 1 tsp Ghee
- Soak dried dates and dried coconut for 20 minutes. Now chop almond, dates, and coconut and keep this aside.
- In a pot, add one liter of milk, bring it to boil then, add 1/2 cup sugar or to taste and 1/4 tsp green cardamom powder mix it well, and then add almonds, raisins, dates, and coconut cook for 20 minutes on low heat flame until the texture becomes slightly thick.
- In a frying pan, add one teaspoon ghee add one cup of broken vermicelli, and roast on low heat flame until lightly golden, and set this aside.
- Add fried vermicelli in milk, keep stirring on a medium flame for three to four minutes until all the flavors mix well. Your sheer khurma is ready!
- Refrigerate it and serve!
2) The thickness of the sheer khurma is your personal choice. You can add more vermicelli to form it thicker or more milk to form it thinner.
3) Use fine vermicelli.
4) Fry vermicelli to make it aromatic.
5) Always cook milk on low heat flame.
6) Soak dried dates and dried coconut to make it soft, and it will help you in cutting.
7) You can add khoya or condense milk to make it thicker or richer.
8) You can also add saffron.
9) You can add rose water or kewra water.
10) You can add pistachios and fresh dates.