1) Always use fresh whole milk.
2) The thickness of the sheer khurma is your personal choice. You can add more vermicelli to form it thicker or more milk to form it thinner.
3) Use fine vermicelli.
4) Fry vermicelli to make it aromatic.
5) Always cook milk on low heat flame.
6) Soak dried dates and dried coconut to make it soft, and it will help you in cutting.
7) You can add khoya or condense milk to make it thicker or richer.
8) You can also add saffron.
9) You can add rose water or kewra water.
10) You can add pistachios and fresh dates.