Are you thinking of a light, and simple rice dish that compliments your main dish? Don’t worry! You are in the right place to learn how to prepare zeera (jeera) rice in Pakistani style. The exotic zeera (jeera) rice recipe makes a healthy pairing to many other dishes. In this simple process of making with the simple ingredients, You will learn here how to make zeera (jeera) rice recipe easily.
Zeera (jeera) pulao is the best and flavorsome rice amongst all rice dishes fabricated from basmati rice slightly spiced and flavored with cumin seed. It is the lightest and flavors rice dish and a remarkable accompaniment with all dishes.
How To Prepare Zeera (Jeera) Rice Recipe
- ½ kg Rice
- 1 Onion (Medium Size)
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp Cumin Seed
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 4 Cloves
- 6 Black Pepper
- 2 Black Cardamom
- 4 Green Chilies
- Salt to Taste
- Rinse the rice very well and soaked it for a half-hour.
- Preheated pot, add half cup of oil, add sliced one medium-size onion, and stir-fry until golden brown on low heat flame.
- In the same pot, add one tablespoon of ginger garlic paste and saute until the color changes.
- Add four cups of water and drained rice into the pot.
- Add one tablespoon cumin seed, one cinnamon stick, four cloves, six black pepper, two black cardamoms, six green chilies, and salt to taste and stir one time gently.
- Cook this first on high flame to bringing a boil, cover the lid, and cook for 15 minutes on a medium to low flame. Once the water is absorbed turned off the flame. Your zeera rice is ready, and you can enjoy this dish with any curry (salan) you liked.
2. Do not stir the rice a lot. It will break down.
3. The proportion of water in the rice is one inch.
4. You can add veggies and eggs to make it healthier and tastier.
5. You can enjoy this zeera (jeera) pulao with any other main dish.
Did you make this recipe?
You may also like: Kababjees Highway Menu